Amazon Deals

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fwd: FW: At Last I have found kuch nahi :-)

Friends,
Whenever you ask people visiting your home, "kya loge?"

The usual reply has always been "Kuchh Nahi".

Finally I have found "Kuchh Nahi", so feel free to serve your friends whenever they say "Kuchh Nahi".

Cheers!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Humor at work

Smile & Enjoy..!!!

 

 

 


 




 


 



 




 


 



 



 



 



 



 


 

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fwd: Check this out, boiling water! I know we all do this

I felt this was worth sharing with everyone.

cid:image002.jpg@01CA9A95.98D5BF30

Microwaving  Water!

A  26-year old man decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of  water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he  had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the  timer for, but he wanted to bring the water to a boil. When the  timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he  looked into the cup, he noted that the water was not boiling, but  suddenly the water in the cup 'blew up' into his face. The cup  remained intact until he threw it out of his hand, but all the  water had flown out into his face due to the buildup of energy.  His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to  his face which may leave scarring.

He also may have lost  partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor  who was attending to him stated that this is a fairly common  occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in a microwave  oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be  placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stir  stick, tea bag, etc.., (nothing metal).

General  Electric's Response:

Thanks  for contacting us, I will be happy to assist you. The e-mail that  you received is correct. Microwaved water and other liquids do not  always bubble when they reach the boiling point. They can actually  get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid will  bubble up out of the cup when it is moved or when something like a  spoon or tea bag is put into it.

To prevent this from  happening and causing injury, do not heat any liquid for  more than two minutes per cup. After heating, let the cup  stand in the microwave for thirty seconds! before moving it  or adding anything into it.

Here is what our local science  teacher had to say on the matter: 'Thanks for the microwave  warning. I have seen this happen before. It is caused by a  phenomenon known as super heating. It can occur anytime water is  heated and will particularly occur if the vessel that the  water is heated in is new, or when heating a small amount of water  (less than half a cup).

What happens is that the  water heats faster than the vapor bubbles can form. If the cup is  very new then it is unlikely to have small surface scratches  inside it that provide a place for the bubbles to form. As the  bubbles cannot form and release some of the heat has built up, the  liquid does not boil, an d the liquid continues to heat up well  past its boiling point.

What then usually happens is that  the liquid is bumped or jarred, which is just enough of a shock to  cause the bubbles to rapidly form and expel the hot liquid. The  rapid formation of bubbles is also why a carbonated beverage spews  when opened after having been  shaken.'


If  you pass this on  you could very well save someone from a lot of pain and  suffering

 

[Fropki] Gandhiji Meets Vijay Mallya

Visit Us @ www.Fropki.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fwd: A MUST read /Danger Of Car Air-Conditioning

Danger Of Car Air-Conditioning Snopes.com confirms this is true - Danger Of Car Air-Conditioning
 
The Car Talk guys have mentioned and confirmed this on their NPR program.  When I lived in Nevada where I'm sure the interior temperature of a car parked on a black parking lot probably reached toward 150 degrees, the car dealer said to open the windows a few inches when you first turn the car AC on to blow the superheated air out of the car.  It might blow out the toxins too.



This has been checked on Snopes.com and there is truth to the article below.  Again it's not saying NOT to use your air conditioner but that we should open our windows to let out the harmful fumes (Benzene) prior to turning on the AC.

No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before.  We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents.  Hmmm.  Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week.   As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill.  Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess its not too late to make some changes

Car A/C (Air Conditioning)
MUST READ!!!
Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car
.


Open the  windows after you enter your car and turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.


Here's why
:

According to a research, the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin
(carcinogen - take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).


In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells.


Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer.

Can also cause miscarriage.


Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50mg per sq.ft.
A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene.

If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.


People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin.


Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver.. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.


So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.

Thought: